POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:11:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't so!
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 12 Aug 2009 12:37:53
Message: <4a82efe1$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:23:57 -0400, Daniel Bastos wrote:

> But
> to me that is very short sighted because the guy who gets this money
> writes books that go into that library, and he needs that library to
> study, so he reads many books from that library, which were put there
> because they exist, and they exist because they were written by people
> like him, who also got money from the government.

By that logic, the money that I pay to buy a box of Fruit Loops goes to
the library, because some worker somewhere who benefits from my payment
for the cereal might someday go to school there and pay tuition, thus
"subsidizing" my access to the materials in the library?  That's tenuous
at best.

Question:  Does Princeton let you go into the library without paying, and
just not let you borrow materials?  I know with the Salt Lake City public
library, you don't need a library card to enter the library, just to
borrow materials.

Jim